|MAY DAY 2008|
|Publication Date||May 1, 2008|
|Ad Source||MM Site|
|Smiley Type||Smiley with 7 hairs, Irregular Smiley|
MAY DAY, 2008
SR/CL: Leitmotiv: ἐἀν μἠ ἔλπηαι, ἀνἑλπιστον οὐχ
ἐξευρἠσει, ἀυεξερεὐνητον ἐὀν χαἰ ἄπορον.--Heraclitus
The 478th Anniversary of the Confessio Augustana will be celebrated in THE FEDERAL ROOM of the Hotel California, 1200 Hours, 6/25/08—by cybernetically sealed invitation only. Mistah Kurtz will present our new line of Jams & Jellies as per [12 CFR] §204.126(b), sub specie Regulation D. The Loyal Order of Un-reconstructed Freaks in conjunction with Coimbra Section will supply Licor Regional (Trás-os-Montes); Produtor: Coop. de Vitic. e Olivicul. de Freixo de Numão, CRL. ★ORATE PRO NOBIS.★
The ad features four Biblical images:
- Top Left: Depicts Christ with a sickle. This woodcut is drawn from The Luther Bible , published in 1534. Revelations 14:14
- Top Right:
- Bottom Left: Depicts the opening of the fifth seal from the Book of Revelations. This woodcut, drawn from The Luther Bible was also used in the 12/7/16 ad. Revelations 6:9
- Bottom Right:
Atop the biblical scenes, four hyperbolic shapes forming a cross contain names and fragments of mathematical equations:
In three quadrants of the ad, there is circular seal representing a United States Federal Reserve Bank.
- Top Left: A Seal, representing the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Bottom Left: E Seal, representing the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Bottom Right: L Seal, representing the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
In the center of the ad is a circular photograph of a mushroom cloud, most likely taken during the Castle Romeo nuclear test at Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands in 1954. This was the first test of the TX-17 thermonuclear weapon. Wikipedia
Surrounding the mushroom cloud are 12 panels of stained glass from the north rose window of Chartres Cathedral in France. The center pane is normally where Christ would be depicted.
ἐἀν μἠ ἔλπηαι, ἀνἑλπιστον οὐχ ἐξευρἠσει, ἀυεξερεὐνητον ἐὀν χαἰ ἄπορον.--Heraclitus
Translation from Greek: "If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail."
- Licor Regional (Trás-os-Montes); Produtor: Coop. de Vitic. e Olivicul. de Freixo de Numão, CRL. - Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro (Beyond-the-Mountains and Upper Douro) is a province in Portugal. Historically, it has been relatively poor and isolated. Despite this, the Transmontanos are known in Portugal for their often plentiful table, usually filled with wine, olive oil, sausage and bread. Wine (particularly port) is one of the main products of the area. The licor regional, or regional liquor, in this area is called Numantinu. Numantinu is made with grapes and comes in red or white varieties. It is prepared according to methods originated by the Romans. CF Numao The Coop de Vitic... is a cooperative of wine and olive growers in the parish of Freixo de Numão who also produce Numantinu. CF Numao
Scientific & Mathematic References
- [12 CFR] §204.126(b) -This section of the Code of Federal Regulations deals with guidelines for depository institution participation in “Federal funds” market, and exemptions from those guidelines. Cornell
- DEUTERONOMY 7:2 - "And when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy."
Matthew Henry commentary on this verse: Biblehub
Here is a strict caution against all friendship and fellowship with idols and idolaters. Those who are in communion with God, must have no communication with the unfruitful works of darkness.