|Publication Date||March 23, 2016|
|Ad Source||MM Site|
|Smiley Type||Smiley with 4 hairs, Smiley with 6 hairs, Smiley with 4 hairs, Smiley with 5 hairs|
SR/CL: Leitmotiv: "Welkom by die Hotel Kalifornië"
Gerhard: 4/4/88, II; Olaf Petersson: 5/1/2014 (I, sub aqua); Solid Declaration: 5/1/98, III (3); Galatians, chap. 3: 5/1/91, II, vedette 5/1/88, IV. Luther, com. Genesis, 5/1/2011, chap. I (2nd ∘). "Agony is frugal" --E.D., Bright-Wigner distribution; 2nd Level; Grand Lisboa, (5/1/89, III) (Helmholtz)} Ireton delivers, perceived by hoi poloi, as 5/1/97, II sub lingual, 4/4/88 (I.)}[nonex]}!★}
Right: Exclamation Point (!)
Bottom: Star Symbol (★)
This ad is unusual because it features multiple Smiley faces. There are four Smileys with 4, 6, 4, and 5 hairs, respectively. The Smileys vary in size.
- Grand Lisboa - a 47-floor hotel in Macau, China. Opened in 2007. The tallest building in Macau.
Scientific and Mathematic References
- ∘ - A symbol known as the composition operator
- Bright-Wigner distribution - a continuous probability distribution most often used to model resonances (unstable particles) in high-energy physics Wikipedia
- Galatians, chap. 3 - Galatians is the ninth book of the New Testament, written by Paul the Apostle. Chapter 3 exhorts the Galatian believers to stand fast in the faith as it is in Jesus.
- Gerhard - Johann Gerhard, a German Lutheran Scholastic theologian during the period of Orthodoxy. Regarded as the greatest living theologian of Protestant Germany. He wrote the "Confessio Catholica" (1633-1637), which sought to prove the evangelical and catholic character of the doctrine of the Augsburg Confession using the writings of approved Roman Catholic authors.
- Olaf Petersson - A Swedish preacher (1497-1552) who studied in Wittenburg and later taught Lutheran doctrine with his brother Lars. A crucial influence on King Gustaf, who embraced the tenets of the Reformation. In 1593, Sweden formally adopted the Augsburg Confession. "A History of the Christian Church"
- Helmholtz - Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz (1821 - 1894) was a German doctor and physicist. During his time in Berlin, he was an associate of Max Planck. The Helmholtz equation is named for him; this equation results from applying the technique of separation of variables to reduce the complexity of analysis. Wikipedia
- Ireton - Henry Ireton was an English general in the Parliamentary army during the English Civil War, the son-in-law of Oliver Cromwell. Wikipedia
- Solid Declaration - "The Solid Declaration of the Formula of Concord" written by Martin Chemnitz and published in 1577. It is an authoritative Lutheran statement of faith (called a confession, creed, or symbol" that makes up the final section of the Lutheran Corpus Doctrine, known as the Book of Concord. Full Text
- "Agony is frugal" - Fragment of a poem by Emily Dickinson (Safe despair it is that raves / Agony is frugal / Puts itself severe away / For its own perusal)
- "Welkom by die Hotel Kalifornië" - A poor Afrikaans translation of "Welcome to the Hotel California," a lyric from the well-known song by The Eagles.
- Videte - Translates to "see" or "consult." A remark directing the readers to look to the specified place for additional clarification.
- Sub linguam - Latin. Translates as "Under the tongue"
- Animus audax - Latin. Translates to "bold soul," "bold mind," or "reckless mind." Sometimes referenced in descriptions of treacherous Roman senator Catiline.